Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Last Day Of Sewing

I entered the room with a keen face, my adrenalin rose through my body when I faced the sewing machine. Ms.Scott (A professional, experienced and an Edgewater College Home Economics teacher) gave each of us a piece of rectangular fabric called felt to make our homemade money purse or coin wallet. I got a purple colored piece of fabric to make my coin wallet I was excited as a student heading away on his holidays. After she gave us our felt she told us to turn on our sewing machine (Also known as “Bernina”) and greet it in a friendly way . I got the things needed to make my money purse like scissors, black bobbin, metal bobbin case and a grey colored thread. All I needed to do was to get my sewing machine ready. The hardest and most challenging part was to make my money purse.When I got my grey thread, black bobbin and presser foot ready. I turned the sewing machine on and started to do decorative stitches on my coin wallet to put styles on it. I decided to design my wallet by making triangle shapes around it. After 20 minutes I was tired and exhausted, like a person who had just finished a long plane flight, but I still managed to do my functional stitching to close my money purse I was proud and happy at the same time I can’t wait till I visit Edgewater College again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.